Let's see..what's happening?
I got my back bend kickover from le ground in acro. It's awesome. :) I never thought I'd be able to do it XD
Of course, it's not with straight legs(yet). And I don't hit my splits in the middle. Come to think of it, it's actually sort of a back flop-over.
I read Skeleton Key and Eagle Strike(next two Alex Rider books) last night. The series has gotten better, but it still has the same problems. Just like Suzanne Collins makes the simplest events seem chilling and scary, the numerous random deaths in Alex Rider are just like "meh...whatever."
They all still have similar plots. Such as:
1. The book opens with some sort of mysterious circumstance. Usually an assasination or an exchange where one of the members gets stabbed in the back(sometimes literal, sometimes not) and killed. Either way, someone usually dies.
2. Alex Rider is hanging out drinking Coke and feeling sad about not having a normal life.
3. The mysterious circumstance catches up to him in some way, either through MI6 or some random guy trying to kill Alex, or something weird catches Alex's attention and he investigates it.
4. He makes use of his secret agent/karate skills to thwart whoever's trying to kill him and gets away.
5. It turns out the mysterious circumstance is part of an even larger scheme and Alex, because of his age and experience from all previous books, is the only one who can stop it.
6. Alex has to go against his will and masquerade as somebody. He makes it clear he doesn't want to, but he does because usually there's someone threatening him/his friends or pressuring him to do it. He's usually given a bunch of gadgets like homing bubble gum or headphones that fire lasers or aftershave that can disintegrate metal(I'm generalizing)
7. Alex sneaks off(or his guardians get killed) and he discovers a plot by some evil megalomaniac to take over the world/kill a bunch of people, with a nuclear weapon or bioweapon.
8. Alex gets caugh
9. They don't kill Alex for one reason or another and Alex follows them around learning bout their plans.
10. Alex outsmarts them (by using his gadgets/using his secret agent skills/pretending to be dead) and saves the day.
I mean, how many times can one guy pretend to be dead? It was pretty convincing the first time, but now even if he REALLY died I wouldn't believe it.
And how many times can Horowitz play the "I'm only fourteen, I'm no secret agent, I don't wanna do this, I have no parents and no girlfriend and everytime I try to do something normal something blows up woe is my lame life"card?
All the evil rich geniuses are pretty confusing. I mix them up with each other cause they're so similar.
I actually like Alex's girlfriend even though she was randomly dropped in there and serves no purpose other than to provide emotional angst.
I love the song Harry Potter in 99 Seconds. I memorized it XD
I have a bet on with myself to see if I can go a whole day without coming across a Hunger Games reference(excluding, of course, Hunger Games-based websites/tumblrs/topics). And from billboards to a guy carrying a rolled up poster at church, it looks like I'll lose every day. For fun, I suggest you try it yourself.
You lose.(IT'S RUECEPTION)
But THG is the next book my family is going to listen to on audiobook. It has a pretty decent audiobook, as audiobooks go. The way I downloaded it, it's on one ginormous 11 hour track. So, lots of fast forwarding. (sigh.)
"We pwn your faces."
I have discovered a new time-wasting device-Dance Moms Tumblr!
Except I can't stay on long because I'm trying to avoid spoilers about the episode that aired last tuesday, and tumblr's full of them. For some reason I hear that beef jerky is inexplicably tied to the episode. Is it just me, or does "beef jerky" totally not belong in the same sentence as "dancing?"
Can you say adorable?
^everyone's favorite Dance Moms character. Admit it.
I don't know what I did before this show was invented.
Lately the episodes have consisted of wayy more screaming than dancing though XDf