Skip to main content

New Years

Hi!
I'm in denial about New Years. Far be it from me to further inundate you with cliches about how fast the year has gone....but I'm going to anyway. The year has sped by so fast I can't believe it. It seemed like yesterday I was posting LAST year's complaint about how fast the time passed, and now...ahhh.

I had a great trip! The highlights were going to visit Google's headquarters(THAT PLACE IS SURREAL. Free awesome food, free big park with climbing ropes/track/soccer field, swimming pool, bowling alley, free yellow/green/blue bikes. Android beanbags and life-sized smartphone, and a google maps room with a nearly-360 google earth panorama on like ten flat screen tvs placed horizontally.) and seeing Les Mis with cousins.

And I'm leaving again to go skiing! Yay!

Anyways, new years.

This past year has been insane. This year, I went on a mission trip, saw my blog traffic grow(and drop, and grow) experienced everything with my TLF sisters, and read bad sequels to Artemis Fowl and Maximum Ride.

I'm not really sure why I keep blogging on here, because blogging has changed so much from when I first started. But I like it, so I'll continue.

New Year's resolutions:

1.) the classic: lose weight. XD I gained five pounds this past week on my trip...I would like to be below 130 XD

2.) Get More Better At Dance: I would like to perfect my front/back walkover and do triple pirouettes. And get my middle split

3.) GET INTO COLLEGE O.O THIS IS THE YEARJDL:FSDFRWO$FUSDNMFJFSDJ

4.) Visit more online friends!

Please pray that I survive the rest of the junior year and get into one of those summer programs I'm applying for! And pray to help me keep my grades up and get good test scores.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

three amazing--and relatively little known--psalms

So I'm reading Psalms in the Bible right now. Well, Psalms is one of the three places I read from. I'm reading the Bible all the way through and read two chapters from three places--the Old Testament, the middle of the Old Testament, and the New Testament--every day. I'm in Deuteronomy and Romans in the other sections, but in the middle I'm still right where I started from-Psalms. Cause Psalms is really really long. I was getting kind of tired of Psalms(which isn't really the right attitude to be reading the Bible in). But I realized there are some really breathtaking passages in Psalms, and I'm glad I read them. These are my three favorites: *Buck Forester on Flikr Psalm 65 This one is about God's spectacular creation. What mighty praise, O God,      belongs to you in Zion. We will fulfill our vows to you, 2       for you answer our prayers.      All of us must come to you. 3  Though we are overwhelmed by our sins,      you forgive them a

Ciel Phantomhive vs. Artemis Fowl

  Don't laugh. XD The similarities between the two characters are so distinct and obvious that comparison is inevitable for anyone who's read/watched both series. I seriously thought when I first noticed Black Butler(more popularly referred to as Kuroshitsuji) that it was literally an anime adaption of Artemis Fowl.  Other people have read Artemis Fowl and thought "CIEL HAS A CLONE??!?" So I thought I'd outline some of the differences and analyze who would win. XD Similarities: Appearance:  This is the first similarity, and one of the most major, because if they didn't look so darn alike I don't think the comparison would have been as striking. The above picture of Artemis is a fanart, because there aren't really any good pictures of Artemis, and the manga style makes it more obvious. They are both from the British Isles and have black hair and blue eyes. Both of them lose/change/switch an eye resulting in two different colors. 

I need book recommendations!

    I heard this movie stunk. C'mon, I'm dying over here! In other, unrelated news, want to hear one of the most overrated book series I've ever read is? Alex Rider. I picked up Stormbreaker after legions of people going "READ ITZ AMARANTHINE TIS AMAZING". It was alright....I guess. I didn't...fall asleep or anything. But it was definitely not mind blowing. For starters, Alex is way underdeveloped as a character. He was a little funny and relate able but not on the same level as I was expecting. And he's a bit cliched in the fact that he's just generally smart and knows everything, without any explanation or emphasis. I guess you could say that he's only a genius when he needs to be, and it doesn't add any other levels to the story. Oh, and did I mention that he's well versed in martial arts too? Yeah. Ender could still kick his butt though. I guess it would be a good read for boys who don't read much. Definitely not YA lev