Skip to main content

One of my favorite things about blogging is..









...looking back at all my old posts and all the memories. :) It's like a legit journal! This time last year was when my blog was really starting to pick up..I averaged ten comments on a post, booyah. (hitting 17-20 a few times, even). T'was awesome. I danced, but I hadn't really gotten into it. I didn't even have my precious WIP! :D I didn't read Maximum Ride or Harry Potter yet. I had just found out CVI was going to be in Orlando (again!) ! ! !.

One thing's similar...I have my post from last year two hours before the piano recital..and I have the June recital yet again tomorrow! Yay. Whoohoo. Allright.

Please pray for me..I practiced a ton for this recital, and I have a regular piece as well as a duet(even though I get to use the music on the duet.) I always have bad stage fright...sigh...Piano stage fright is one of my worst fears. :PPPP Like legitly.

Last year I was really into intense blogging too. Like in January, I had 34 posts, meaning AT LEAST one post a day. Compared to this January, a measly 9. I think they have improved in quality though. (That's what I"m telling myself, at least.)

Blogging has really calmed down for me. A huge part of it is that Blogger isn't the premiere social network for me(or anyone) anymore. Before, if I wanted to talk to Jedi~Chick (love you <3) I had to a.) post a post addressing her or b.) comment on her blog.

Today, I could a.) Skype her, b.) TLF PM her, c.) TLF post her, d.) TLF chatbox her, e.) Email her, f.) IM her, g.) Skype her, h.) call/text her, i.) mail her a letter, j.) fly to Florida and show up at her door(last resort).

I actually don't mind or feel sad about toning town the blogginess for now. As long as I still love it (and I do!) I don't mind. I was wayyy too into it before anyway. XD I just love seeing how I've grown and having a nice track record of my high school years. :D I actually started this blog in the end of middle school...and now imma be a junior...scary.

Blogger has really opened a window to the rest of the internet though, mostly TLF. Before, I really wanted to participate on the internet, have a blog/internet buddies, but I didn't know where to start! Really hard to believe. My mom actually half convinced me to get a blog. XD. Now, the internet life is awesome! It has caused a lot of trouble and angst, but for now, I'm good with where I am.

On TLF, we're gearing up for CVI...I think we have somewhere around 14 members going, and a bunch of surprises hopefully TBA!  Ahsoka, SWA, Snips, JG, and Kayla are on the chatbox....I can't join them though because once I log on, I can never log off and I have to do things this afternoon. XD

I don't know why I'm suddenly so nostalgic...Must have been the measly salad/corn on the cob I ate for lunch. I NEED MEAT/CARBS DANGIT. Especially after reading a special on celebrity diets in People. Seriously, how do they survive on  egg whites and almonds?


Comments

  1. Really nice post! :) I'll be praying for you - hope your recital goes really well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not to mention, blogging connects other people to you. You can have hundreds of people praying for you just from a single post. Viva la internet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I play piano also! What pieces are you going to play? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh you don't know how jealous I am of you lucky people who get to skype/text/call each other :P

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Amaranthine <3's you. Thanks for the comment!

Popular posts from this blog

three amazing--and relatively little known--psalms

So I'm reading Psalms in the Bible right now. Well, Psalms is one of the three places I read from. I'm reading the Bible all the way through and read two chapters from three places--the Old Testament, the middle of the Old Testament, and the New Testament--every day. I'm in Deuteronomy and Romans in the other sections, but in the middle I'm still right where I started from-Psalms. Cause Psalms is really really long. I was getting kind of tired of Psalms(which isn't really the right attitude to be reading the Bible in). But I realized there are some really breathtaking passages in Psalms, and I'm glad I read them. These are my three favorites: *Buck Forester on Flikr Psalm 65 This one is about God's spectacular creation. What mighty praise, O God,      belongs to you in Zion. We will fulfill our vows to you, 2       for you answer our prayers.      All of us must come to you. 3  Though we are overwhelmed by our sins,      you forgive them a

Ciel Phantomhive vs. Artemis Fowl

  Don't laugh. XD The similarities between the two characters are so distinct and obvious that comparison is inevitable for anyone who's read/watched both series. I seriously thought when I first noticed Black Butler(more popularly referred to as Kuroshitsuji) that it was literally an anime adaption of Artemis Fowl.  Other people have read Artemis Fowl and thought "CIEL HAS A CLONE??!?" So I thought I'd outline some of the differences and analyze who would win. XD Similarities: Appearance:  This is the first similarity, and one of the most major, because if they didn't look so darn alike I don't think the comparison would have been as striking. The above picture of Artemis is a fanart, because there aren't really any good pictures of Artemis, and the manga style makes it more obvious. They are both from the British Isles and have black hair and blue eyes. Both of them lose/change/switch an eye resulting in two different colors. 

I need book recommendations!

    I heard this movie stunk. C'mon, I'm dying over here! In other, unrelated news, want to hear one of the most overrated book series I've ever read is? Alex Rider. I picked up Stormbreaker after legions of people going "READ ITZ AMARANTHINE TIS AMAZING". It was alright....I guess. I didn't...fall asleep or anything. But it was definitely not mind blowing. For starters, Alex is way underdeveloped as a character. He was a little funny and relate able but not on the same level as I was expecting. And he's a bit cliched in the fact that he's just generally smart and knows everything, without any explanation or emphasis. I guess you could say that he's only a genius when he needs to be, and it doesn't add any other levels to the story. Oh, and did I mention that he's well versed in martial arts too? Yeah. Ender could still kick his butt though. I guess it would be a good read for boys who don't read much. Definitely not YA lev