Skip to main content

I Wanna Be Like The Atmosphere-

I occasionally post little writing compositions of mine here. Here's another(quite possibly far fetched) one. I dunno, these are just what goes on inside my head. It's my take on theology.
 http://i.zdnet.com/blogs/clouds-screensave-by-stephen-brooks.jpg

In school, I am taking Comprehensive Earth Science. Today we had a very interesting lesson, so interesting I took four pages of notes*(three and a half more pages then I normally take, folks:)). It was titled Earth System Interactions, and it was just cool. It was about the 5 "spheres" in earth science and how they relate.
And just in case you are not taking Comprehensive Earth Science, here's a refresher: Cryosphere(ice), Biosphere(life), geosphere(earth), hydrosphere(water) and atmosphere(air surrounding earth.)
 

The one I think is the most important is the atmosphere. Why? It's what stands between earth and space. It's the first to receive whatever enters earth from space and the last to encounter whatever comes out from earth. It's the boundary between abundant life and eternal, empty void.

Scientifically, it's the main thing that controls and distributes heat, which fuels all the other spheres. It absorbs some, reflects some, transmits some. It controls how much energy enters the earth surface. It is made of nitrogen and oxygen and other gas. It makes all the difference.

Do I make a difference?
 Am more important than a bunch of gas? To most of the world, I'm not. 

I think God made us to be kinda like the atmosphere-We are in contact with God. God pours his love into us so we can distribute it to others. Unlike the atmosphere, we aren't in control of distribution. God makes his will known. We absorb some, reflect some, transmit some. 

How much are we reflecting?
How much are we transmitting?

Like the atmosphere, God uses humans to control how much love enters and leaves the earth. To many, we(Christians) are what stands between others and an eternal empty void.  Sometimes we just absorb all the love(Yeah God, thanks for all the love! Thanks for everything! It's great!)
Sometimes we reflect it.(Uh...God, I don't want to go talk to that homeless person. So yeah, I'm just going to pretend I didn't hear you.)

We've got to transmit it. Because we are more than
5 × 1018 kg of 78.09% nitrogen, 20.95% oxygen, 0.93% argon, 0.039% carbon dioxide, and small amounts of other gases.

No one lights a lamp and then puts it under a basket. Instead, a lamp is placed on a stand, where it gives light to everyone in the house.
Matthew 5:15



Like I said, that's my take on theology. Tell me what you think(if it's good. Cause, yah, you know, I don't have much of a self esteem).

 *No Ms. McCawley, I am not counting this post as part of my notes. Does this look like notes? Does this look like it's written in purple gel with green highlighter? Does this look like it's in my blue striped Comprehensive Earth Science notebook? Good.

Comments

  1. Cool. So you can hear him, too? You feel the promptings of the Holy Ghost? I didn't know other religions believed that....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Amaranthine <3's you. Thanks for the comment!

Popular posts from this blog

three amazing--and relatively little known--psalms

So I'm reading Psalms in the Bible right now. Well, Psalms is one of the three places I read from. I'm reading the Bible all the way through and read two chapters from three places--the Old Testament, the middle of the Old Testament, and the New Testament--every day. I'm in Deuteronomy and Romans in the other sections, but in the middle I'm still right where I started from-Psalms. Cause Psalms is really really long. I was getting kind of tired of Psalms(which isn't really the right attitude to be reading the Bible in). But I realized there are some really breathtaking passages in Psalms, and I'm glad I read them. These are my three favorites: *Buck Forester on Flikr Psalm 65 This one is about God's spectacular creation. What mighty praise, O God,      belongs to you in Zion. We will fulfill our vows to you, 2       for you answer our prayers.      All of us must come to you. 3  Though we are overwhelmed by our sins,      you forgive them a

Ciel Phantomhive vs. Artemis Fowl

  Don't laugh. XD The similarities between the two characters are so distinct and obvious that comparison is inevitable for anyone who's read/watched both series. I seriously thought when I first noticed Black Butler(more popularly referred to as Kuroshitsuji) that it was literally an anime adaption of Artemis Fowl.  Other people have read Artemis Fowl and thought "CIEL HAS A CLONE??!?" So I thought I'd outline some of the differences and analyze who would win. XD Similarities: Appearance:  This is the first similarity, and one of the most major, because if they didn't look so darn alike I don't think the comparison would have been as striking. The above picture of Artemis is a fanart, because there aren't really any good pictures of Artemis, and the manga style makes it more obvious. They are both from the British Isles and have black hair and blue eyes. Both of them lose/change/switch an eye resulting in two different colors. 

I need book recommendations!

    I heard this movie stunk. C'mon, I'm dying over here! In other, unrelated news, want to hear one of the most overrated book series I've ever read is? Alex Rider. I picked up Stormbreaker after legions of people going "READ ITZ AMARANTHINE TIS AMAZING". It was alright....I guess. I didn't...fall asleep or anything. But it was definitely not mind blowing. For starters, Alex is way underdeveloped as a character. He was a little funny and relate able but not on the same level as I was expecting. And he's a bit cliched in the fact that he's just generally smart and knows everything, without any explanation or emphasis. I guess you could say that he's only a genius when he needs to be, and it doesn't add any other levels to the story. Oh, and did I mention that he's well versed in martial arts too? Yeah. Ender could still kick his butt though. I guess it would be a good read for boys who don't read much. Definitely not YA lev