Skip to main content

perfect people do exist (an angsty poem by Amaranthine)

 


Perfect People Do Exist




"Nobody's perfect", the self help books, the media, they try to say.



But they're wrong
You know they're wrong.


Perfect people do exist, they do
living their perfect lives in perfect houses, a three car garage that actually fits three cars.


And somehow, you always knew they were there-
-taunting that you'll never reach their level
-tempting you to try.


Make no mistake. They're real. You've read about them-

-the thirteen year old in college, who played piano in Carnegie Hall
-the dancer with the national title and 20 pirouettes

-the one training for the Olympics-what was her name? Doesn't matter, it'll never be you or me.


The well dressed working mom, toting a briefcase in one hand and a diaper bag in the other, perfectly balanced.

The novelist whose brilliance moves people to tears.

And the singer whose notes and artist whose art
                              you swear
                                      could have simply fallen
                                                                 down
                                                                        from
                                                                             heaven.


And you're sure
that if they aren't the ones who

-invent the flying car
-become America's Next Top Model
-star in a classic movie

 --their children will be.

Never angry or stressed
Always patient
Always hopeful

They live their own worldly version of perfect every day, in their boots and designer sunglasses.

The world's version of perfect is flawed, but it sometimes doesn't matter.
The world's "perfect" leaves no room for God's BEST, but it sometimes doesn't matter.

God's BEST is better than a thousand PERFECTS, but it sometimes doesn't matter.

Because sometimes I'd rather be perfect.

Perfect people do exist
but I have yet to meet one
Real in our minds they do exist
I know I'll never be one.


Comments

  1. Great post, and it's totally true! I hate people like that, well it's more jealousy. I can totally relate to this too. Awesome job Amaranthine, love the new layout too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY good post! And well written, too, I might add. :)

    ~Jamie Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. That was so amazing!! I know plenty of people like that, and a few of them have blogs that I adore and follow.
    Sometimes I wish I were them, sometimes I wish my life was better and that maybe I could have that three car garage-- and three cars to go in it. But no, I don't. And I'm not perfect. Sometimes I wish all the popular bloggers and even non-bloggers have terrible days so they can experience what it's like to be normal. Like me. I know, I'm a horrible person for saying so, but it's almost like they're life is so perfect that they're almost incapable to have bad days.
    The people who are perfect tease you and sneer at you and say "I dare you to be like me. And when you reach the top of Mount Everest, I'll push you down and then, whoops, you'll have to start all over again. Sorry, dear, but you'll never be as good as me." Some don't even know they say it. Some do, and yet, no matter whether they know or not, it's hard to love them. It's hard to appreciate all the good things they've done, and it's hard to watch as your own parents commend them on their work - their stupid, pointless, piece-of-crud work that they pizzazzed up and turned into some big show. And when you work as hard as them, you get nothing. They have the newest Macbook, they have the best hair, they wear the best clothes, and of course, they're a shoe-in for Homecoming Queen.
    But are we like that? Nope. And we probably won't ever will be. But whatever. I'm perfect in Him. Not in them.
    Great post :))
    -Jocee <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. *sniff*

    That was amazing. I loved it. And it rings so true!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing poem Amaranthine. :) I love it. And it is SO true. Our church's main saying is 'No Perfect People Allowed'. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hm..... your identity is found in Christ, sweetheart. :]
    I wish I could give you a hug right now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Amaranthine <3's you. Thanks for the comment!

Popular posts from this blog

three amazing--and relatively little known--psalms

So I'm reading Psalms in the Bible right now. Well, Psalms is one of the three places I read from. I'm reading the Bible all the way through and read two chapters from three places--the Old Testament, the middle of the Old Testament, and the New Testament--every day. I'm in Deuteronomy and Romans in the other sections, but in the middle I'm still right where I started from-Psalms. Cause Psalms is really really long. I was getting kind of tired of Psalms(which isn't really the right attitude to be reading the Bible in). But I realized there are some really breathtaking passages in Psalms, and I'm glad I read them. These are my three favorites: *Buck Forester on Flikr Psalm 65 This one is about God's spectacular creation. What mighty praise, O God,      belongs to you in Zion. We will fulfill our vows to you, 2       for you answer our prayers.      All of us must come to you. 3  Though we are overwhelmed by our sins,      you forgive them a

Ciel Phantomhive vs. Artemis Fowl

  Don't laugh. XD The similarities between the two characters are so distinct and obvious that comparison is inevitable for anyone who's read/watched both series. I seriously thought when I first noticed Black Butler(more popularly referred to as Kuroshitsuji) that it was literally an anime adaption of Artemis Fowl.  Other people have read Artemis Fowl and thought "CIEL HAS A CLONE??!?" So I thought I'd outline some of the differences and analyze who would win. XD Similarities: Appearance:  This is the first similarity, and one of the most major, because if they didn't look so darn alike I don't think the comparison would have been as striking. The above picture of Artemis is a fanart, because there aren't really any good pictures of Artemis, and the manga style makes it more obvious. They are both from the British Isles and have black hair and blue eyes. Both of them lose/change/switch an eye resulting in two different colors. 

I need book recommendations!

    I heard this movie stunk. C'mon, I'm dying over here! In other, unrelated news, want to hear one of the most overrated book series I've ever read is? Alex Rider. I picked up Stormbreaker after legions of people going "READ ITZ AMARANTHINE TIS AMAZING". It was alright....I guess. I didn't...fall asleep or anything. But it was definitely not mind blowing. For starters, Alex is way underdeveloped as a character. He was a little funny and relate able but not on the same level as I was expecting. And he's a bit cliched in the fact that he's just generally smart and knows everything, without any explanation or emphasis. I guess you could say that he's only a genius when he needs to be, and it doesn't add any other levels to the story. Oh, and did I mention that he's well versed in martial arts too? Yeah. Ender could still kick his butt though. I guess it would be a good read for boys who don't read much. Definitely not YA lev