Skip to main content

I would love to do another inspiring picture post

..but I'm afraid of getting another virus if I dare go on weheartit. My dad is a computer guy, so he fixes all of our viruses, but it makes him really annoyed.


...
....
What shall I post about today?

So yesterday I had my piano recital. I tell you I get really nervous, riiight? And guess what! Before, I wasn't as nervous as I usually was because of all your sweet comments. But I still got really nervous and kinda stumbled through my piece. It was actually pretty bad. >.> and I've been playing piano for like like 8 years now....and I'm still mediocre, perhaps on the bad side of mediocre.

Two of the senior students were in the recital yesterday too. These girls are really really good, and I've been seeing them in the recitals for several years now. The first one is named Gloria Yen, and she won a lot of money from playing piano and got to play piano with an orchestra and in Poland. The second one is named Christine Lin, and she, Gloria, and a violinist named Tiffany Huang won a statewide competition last year and got to play in Carnegie Hall.

Like I've said, I've been seeing Gloria and Christine in recitals for several years. Everyone always remembers Gloria because she goes last, and always plays really intensely with a lot of emotion and movement. It's like lightning striking the piano when she plays. She also plays the cello.

Here's a video of her piano trio with Christine and Tiffany. I saw her perform this piece at the recital.

She's on the cello. In the blue.
Here's a picture of her actually playing piano. Come to think of it, she played this in a recital before too.



She's like my piano idol. XD But I really need to get over my stage fright and I'll be a lot closer. She completed the Certificate of Merit advanced level in fifth grade.You don't realize the significance of this. I'm taking this level next year, and I am nowhere near fifth grade. And I'm actually young for this level.

So while we were getting food at the reception after the recital, I worked up the nerve to talk to her. I was like
"Congratulations!"
and she was like "ahaha yeah..."
Me: "I've been in your recitals for a while, and I always like how you play with a lot of expression. You look like you're having so much fun!"
Gloria: "Ha ha yeah, I try. I try!"
(silence while we get more food.)
Me: "What was it like at Carnegie Hall?"
Gloria: "It was nice..but kinda weird cause I had my cello."
Me: "I always have problems with being nervous. You never look nervous! Do you get nervous?"(gosh, I sound dumb.
Gloria: "Everyone gets nervous! I just remember that I'm playing for myself. I play for myself!"
Me: (smile)..heehee

I should have said more, like "Good Luck!" or "Thank you!" or "OHMIGOSH CAN WE TRADE LIVES FOR A WHILE?" or something like that.


(sigh.) She's not pursuing a music degree. She's majoring in Psychology at UC Berkeley next school year.

Comments

  1. I did theatre during high school and I always got nervous before a show, even though I've done a ton. Like that girl said, just play (or act or dance or sing) for yourself and remember that you're your own worst critic. ;)

    Also, I never go on weheartit. They never credit the original creators of the pictures and I don't like to support that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you watch Doctor Who if so did you see the season finale?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, she's really good! Thanks for sharing the videos.

    I used to use weheartit too, but there were too many inappropriate things on there so I quit. *sigh*

    ~Jamie Joyce

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Amaranthine <3's you. Thanks for the comment!

Popular posts from this blog

three amazing--and relatively little known--psalms

So I'm reading Psalms in the Bible right now. Well, Psalms is one of the three places I read from. I'm reading the Bible all the way through and read two chapters from three places--the Old Testament, the middle of the Old Testament, and the New Testament--every day. I'm in Deuteronomy and Romans in the other sections, but in the middle I'm still right where I started from-Psalms. Cause Psalms is really really long. I was getting kind of tired of Psalms(which isn't really the right attitude to be reading the Bible in). But I realized there are some really breathtaking passages in Psalms, and I'm glad I read them. These are my three favorites: *Buck Forester on Flikr Psalm 65 This one is about God's spectacular creation. What mighty praise, O God,      belongs to you in Zion. We will fulfill our vows to you, 2       for you answer our prayers.      All of us must come to you. 3  Though we are overwhelmed by our sins,      you forgive them a

Ciel Phantomhive vs. Artemis Fowl

  Don't laugh. XD The similarities between the two characters are so distinct and obvious that comparison is inevitable for anyone who's read/watched both series. I seriously thought when I first noticed Black Butler(more popularly referred to as Kuroshitsuji) that it was literally an anime adaption of Artemis Fowl.  Other people have read Artemis Fowl and thought "CIEL HAS A CLONE??!?" So I thought I'd outline some of the differences and analyze who would win. XD Similarities: Appearance:  This is the first similarity, and one of the most major, because if they didn't look so darn alike I don't think the comparison would have been as striking. The above picture of Artemis is a fanart, because there aren't really any good pictures of Artemis, and the manga style makes it more obvious. They are both from the British Isles and have black hair and blue eyes. Both of them lose/change/switch an eye resulting in two different colors. 

I need book recommendations!

    I heard this movie stunk. C'mon, I'm dying over here! In other, unrelated news, want to hear one of the most overrated book series I've ever read is? Alex Rider. I picked up Stormbreaker after legions of people going "READ ITZ AMARANTHINE TIS AMAZING". It was alright....I guess. I didn't...fall asleep or anything. But it was definitely not mind blowing. For starters, Alex is way underdeveloped as a character. He was a little funny and relate able but not on the same level as I was expecting. And he's a bit cliched in the fact that he's just generally smart and knows everything, without any explanation or emphasis. I guess you could say that he's only a genius when he needs to be, and it doesn't add any other levels to the story. Oh, and did I mention that he's well versed in martial arts too? Yeah. Ender could still kick his butt though. I guess it would be a good read for boys who don't read much. Definitely not YA lev