Skip to main content

Legoland

Prepare for a super long post.  And then I have to go work on my two-day overdue essay.

UPDATE: My mom said my skin would be pale, if I would wear my sunblock. Hmm.

Legoland from a Star Wars fan's point of view(We should have a official name for Star Wars fans. Like Star Trek fans are called Trekkies. Anyways..)

Yay!

The first thing we did is sign up for Mindstorms. Mindstorms is a special kind of Legos that involves robotics and programming.


Oh, and when I saw this kid, I instantly thought "young Wedge Antilles." Am I crazy?


I couldn't take pictures of the good rides because they didn't want you to have your camera in case you'd lose it. One of them had a "No Photography" sign. I wanted to take a picture of it.



And I went on a big roller coaster for the first time. It was the most terrifying thing I've ever experienced. This week.



By far, Miniland USA is the main attraction of Legoland. What is it? A ride? A scary roller coaster? No, it's America, in Legos:

EVERYTHING except for the little bonsai trees and moss grass-is Lego. Even the cars. And some of the cars and trucks moved.
This is just the Las Vegas part.
  
And this was in no way quiet. There were little people that walked around, music playing. There was a wedding where a Lego bride and groom walked to a limo playing wedding music.
They had a big Mardi Gras parade in the New Orleans part. It was really big.
There was so much stuff! All the detail...amazing! That ladder is a real ladder(some of it wasn't finished), just to give you an idea of how big everything was.
D.C. My favorite.
Those little soldiers walk and dance and play music.


In one of the city corners, just to give you an idea of the mind-blowing detail.


 Aaannd a bunch of elves drumming on garbage cans.

Fun!
Like I said, most of the rides didn't allow photography. Let's see what I got on my camera here....

This is a ride where you can steer your own boat.

But look what I found at the gift store!


Being completely unlearned in the early-on EU, when I saw this:
I was very excited and happy, in a Jaina/Jag way.


Sigh.
 My brothers informed me this was a figure of this Jag, not this Jag.

Come on, Lego. Get with the EU already. 

And it was $15 for three magnets, so I didn't buy the set. 



Amaranthine

Hey-on a related note about HU, I saw the forum posts. I actually admire amy_geek's moderating skills, although she does seem to get there a little late. It's good that she got there before any flaming broke out, though.
I think you guys were very professional in your manner, and that's good, because the important thing to remember is how you respond to the people.



Comments

  1. Wooooah! That's mind-blowing detail! Oh and go check out my blog post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I.......want to go to Legoland. I could spend ALL day in the Miniland USA part. That ROCKS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, just wow. That is absolutely amazing and Plo Kool. Wow.....

    -Barriss

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good post! Sounds fun! All those little LEGO villages are so cute!

    Actually, the only reason Amy_Geek did that on the forums is because I complained about it. She probably wouldn't have done anything if I hadn't PMed her. She does nothing on those forums basically. No moderation at all there. Or hardly any, that is.

    -Leia <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh My goodness, that looks like so much fun!!!!!!!!!! Haha, young Wedge Antilles, no you aren't crazy, the way he wore his jacket made it even more convincing. The Legoland USA looks like fun, I could probably spend a whole day there!!!
    About Forums, thanks, yeah, I tried to be respectful and not lose my cool. *I said "tried"* Amy_Geek sometimes does a good job, but I'm not sure if she did or didn't moderate some of it on her own. Leia, I'm glad you PMed her because I was about to!!
    Jedi~Chick

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah Veags, Baby!! :) Its so funny seeing the MGM three feet tall...

    but you for got the best part, Amaranthine: the 99% lego statues of Darth Vader and Artoo!! Absolutely amazing... I'll put a picture up on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Amaranthine <3's you. Thanks for the comment!

Popular posts from this blog

three amazing--and relatively little known--psalms

So I'm reading Psalms in the Bible right now. Well, Psalms is one of the three places I read from. I'm reading the Bible all the way through and read two chapters from three places--the Old Testament, the middle of the Old Testament, and the New Testament--every day. I'm in Deuteronomy and Romans in the other sections, but in the middle I'm still right where I started from-Psalms. Cause Psalms is really really long. I was getting kind of tired of Psalms(which isn't really the right attitude to be reading the Bible in). But I realized there are some really breathtaking passages in Psalms, and I'm glad I read them. These are my three favorites: *Buck Forester on Flikr Psalm 65 This one is about God's spectacular creation. What mighty praise, O God,      belongs to you in Zion. We will fulfill our vows to you, 2       for you answer our prayers.      All of us must come to you. 3  Though we are overwhelmed by our sins,      you forgive them a

Ciel Phantomhive vs. Artemis Fowl

  Don't laugh. XD The similarities between the two characters are so distinct and obvious that comparison is inevitable for anyone who's read/watched both series. I seriously thought when I first noticed Black Butler(more popularly referred to as Kuroshitsuji) that it was literally an anime adaption of Artemis Fowl.  Other people have read Artemis Fowl and thought "CIEL HAS A CLONE??!?" So I thought I'd outline some of the differences and analyze who would win. XD Similarities: Appearance:  This is the first similarity, and one of the most major, because if they didn't look so darn alike I don't think the comparison would have been as striking. The above picture of Artemis is a fanart, because there aren't really any good pictures of Artemis, and the manga style makes it more obvious. They are both from the British Isles and have black hair and blue eyes. Both of them lose/change/switch an eye resulting in two different colors. 

I need book recommendations!

    I heard this movie stunk. C'mon, I'm dying over here! In other, unrelated news, want to hear one of the most overrated book series I've ever read is? Alex Rider. I picked up Stormbreaker after legions of people going "READ ITZ AMARANTHINE TIS AMAZING". It was alright....I guess. I didn't...fall asleep or anything. But it was definitely not mind blowing. For starters, Alex is way underdeveloped as a character. He was a little funny and relate able but not on the same level as I was expecting. And he's a bit cliched in the fact that he's just generally smart and knows everything, without any explanation or emphasis. I guess you could say that he's only a genius when he needs to be, and it doesn't add any other levels to the story. Oh, and did I mention that he's well versed in martial arts too? Yeah. Ender could still kick his butt though. I guess it would be a good read for boys who don't read much. Definitely not YA lev