Skip to main content

Profile Picture

If you haven't noticed(and I really hope you have), I have Mara Jade for my profile picture.
File:Mara Jade The Unifying Force Jap.jpg
Why? She's awesome.
Now, I'm not a huge Mara Jade fan, more of a Jaina Solo fan. But most Jaina Solo pictures really suck. How can Mara look prettier at 75 than Jaina at 31?
Mara at 75:
\
File:Mara-sacrifice.jpg 















See? Awesomeness.

 Jaina at 31:
File:JainaSolo EssentialAtlas.jpg 
Well, to be fair, this is in "sepia" or whatever you call it. And artists' renditions of Jaina have so far edged on the less-than consistent side.

 This is Jaina:
  http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20060115012227/starwars/images/1/14/Jainablue.jpg

This is Jaina....


    File:Jainax-wing.jpg
 

















This(???????) is Jaina:

File:Ssi-Ruu v Jedi.jpg
 Or Tahiri with a hair job. Or Zekk. Heck, it could even be a Yuuzhan Vong.



Anyways, the point is, I feel like changing my profile pic. It'll most likely be another Mara...what do you think?
These are the ones I have done before.

File:Jbig3.JPG  


























The first picture is possibly my favorite Star Wars picture of all time.  

So what'll it be? And what is your criteria for your profile pic? Whatever you pick, remember it's your face to the world. 
These are the ones I'm considering.
File:Maranjo.jpg File:Mara Jade Conquest Jap.jpg
Super cool, but kind of violent. And inaccurate. No one wears that many necklaces. And I always have to remember that my family, or maybe future boss(or husband????) might read this. This is for the world to see, baby. I don't want to project the wrong image, ya know?
And the artists are more accurate than Jaina, although maybe not much. At least they preserve the general hair color.
I love the one from the prelim Choices of One cover, though.
How about a straight, plain:
MaraJadeSkywalker-UnifyingForce2Japanese.jpg
 Kinda weird...she's looking at you.
 Or should I just keep mine? I like it. Or should I do a Jaina? Purple-pink Jaina or blue Jaina?


Vote on the poll.


Amaranthine

Comments

  1. I like the one you already have of Mara or the very last picture of Mara the best.

    -Leia <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Leia. I never really thought about it as your "face to the world" though. Funny, because now that I think about it, I do see my "internet friends" as their profile pics.
    Jedi~Chick <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. How 'bout these?

    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:Mara-Swarm_War-Japan_cover.jpg

    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:Mara_insidercover.jpg

    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:Maralightsaber.jpg

    I always thought that that last one was the perfect Mara pic. She's wearing the clothes she typically wore as the Emperor's Hand and she's got the purple/pink lightsaber. It's just way too cool, and almost looks like it's coming straight out of one of the movies.

    Here's some cool Jaina pics.

    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:JainaTahiri.jpg

    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:Jainayjk.jpg

    Wow, that was a lot of pictures...

    Oh and as far as the ones that you already mentioned, I think the best ones are blue Jaina, pink Jaina or the one that has the forest as Mara's background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those pictures are really cool; I've been browsing to the ends of the earth for good Jaina/Mara pictures. But most of those, except that YJK one, aren't really serviceable as profile pictures?
    I forgot how cute Jaina looks in the YJK, like she's five years old or something. She's got that adorable Solo button nose! I can't wait to see an official picture of Allana!...but I digress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hm, I'm not sure. Either the blue Jaina or the one you already have. But I'm not completely sure. And come to think of it, you're completely right about your profile pic being "your face to the world".

    -Barriss :-D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Amaranthine <3's you. Thanks for the comment!

Popular posts from this blog

three amazing--and relatively little known--psalms

So I'm reading Psalms in the Bible right now. Well, Psalms is one of the three places I read from. I'm reading the Bible all the way through and read two chapters from three places--the Old Testament, the middle of the Old Testament, and the New Testament--every day. I'm in Deuteronomy and Romans in the other sections, but in the middle I'm still right where I started from-Psalms. Cause Psalms is really really long. I was getting kind of tired of Psalms(which isn't really the right attitude to be reading the Bible in). But I realized there are some really breathtaking passages in Psalms, and I'm glad I read them. These are my three favorites: *Buck Forester on Flikr Psalm 65 This one is about God's spectacular creation. What mighty praise, O God,      belongs to you in Zion. We will fulfill our vows to you, 2       for you answer our prayers.      All of us must come to you. 3  Though we are overwhelmed by our sins,      you forgive them a

Ciel Phantomhive vs. Artemis Fowl

  Don't laugh. XD The similarities between the two characters are so distinct and obvious that comparison is inevitable for anyone who's read/watched both series. I seriously thought when I first noticed Black Butler(more popularly referred to as Kuroshitsuji) that it was literally an anime adaption of Artemis Fowl.  Other people have read Artemis Fowl and thought "CIEL HAS A CLONE??!?" So I thought I'd outline some of the differences and analyze who would win. XD Similarities: Appearance:  This is the first similarity, and one of the most major, because if they didn't look so darn alike I don't think the comparison would have been as striking. The above picture of Artemis is a fanart, because there aren't really any good pictures of Artemis, and the manga style makes it more obvious. They are both from the British Isles and have black hair and blue eyes. Both of them lose/change/switch an eye resulting in two different colors. 

I need book recommendations!

    I heard this movie stunk. C'mon, I'm dying over here! In other, unrelated news, want to hear one of the most overrated book series I've ever read is? Alex Rider. I picked up Stormbreaker after legions of people going "READ ITZ AMARANTHINE TIS AMAZING". It was alright....I guess. I didn't...fall asleep or anything. But it was definitely not mind blowing. For starters, Alex is way underdeveloped as a character. He was a little funny and relate able but not on the same level as I was expecting. And he's a bit cliched in the fact that he's just generally smart and knows everything, without any explanation or emphasis. I guess you could say that he's only a genius when he needs to be, and it doesn't add any other levels to the story. Oh, and did I mention that he's well versed in martial arts too? Yeah. Ender could still kick his butt though. I guess it would be a good read for boys who don't read much. Definitely not YA lev